Get Online ESI Registration Now!
ESI or Employees State Insurance Scheme is a social security scheme offered by the Indian Government as per the ESI Act, 1948 and ESI is managed by ESIC or Employees State Insurance Corporation, it’s an autonomous body created by the law under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. The ESI Scheme provides protection to employees against death or disablement due to employment sickness, maternity & injury. Employees must be registered for the Scheme to get all the medical care & other benefits. This is a self-financing scheme where the employers & employees make regular monthly contributions to the ESI Scheme at a certain % of their wages. Contact Us! Our Professionals can help you get ESI Registration while you stay tension-free & relax and concentrate on the primary roles of the business
Benefits of ESI Registration in India
The following are the benefits of ESI Registration in India:
- All disabled employees can get 90% of their monthly salaries as disablement benefits.
- Pregnant women are allowed maternity benefits that are payable up to 26 weeks and this period can be further extended to 30 days on medical advice. To avail of such benefits, employers are required to contribute their wages for 70 days in the preceding 2 contributions period.
- All the ESI registered members and their families are entitled to avail the benefits of full medical care & insurance from the very 1st day of employment.
- The deceased employee’s family is entitled to an additional amount Rs. 10,000/- towards funeral expenses.
- Absence from work due to illness can be taken for a maximum of 91 days per year along with 70% of the monthly wages.
- In the confinement case of an insured wife/woman of an employee occurring in a place with no medical facilities under the ESI Scheme, confinement expenses can be availed.
- Old age medical care;
- Enhanced sickness benefit.
Various Entities covered under ESIC
Under Section 1(5) of the ESI Act, the following entities are covered under ESIC:
- Private medical institutions;
- Road motor transport establishments;
- Newspaper establishments that are not covered under the Factory Act;
- Road motor transport establishments;
- Hotels or restaurants engaged only in sales.
When all the above-mentioned establishments employ 10 or more individuals, the employer of the establishment must mandatorily apply for ESIC Registration.
What is the Eligibility for ESI Registration in India?
To be eligible for ESI Registration in India, you must have more than 10 employees or workers. In some areas, ESI Registration is possible for establishments only if there are more than 20 employees. The following are some criteria that need to be satisfied for obtain ESI Registration:
- The establishment is registered with the EPFO;
- The total contribution to ESI is 6.5% of the gross salary & it can be further divided as:
- 1.75% of the employees.
- 4.75% by the employer.
- An employee whose gross salary is up to Rs. 21,000/month can avail of this with the employer’s help;
- For industrial units where there are chances of occurrence of health issues or injury all the employees with a salary less than Rs. 21,000 compulsorily need to get ESI Registration.
What are the vital documents required for online ESI Registration in India?
Following are some essential documents for online ESI Registration in India:
- Registration Certificate obtained under Shops & Establishment Act and Factory Act;
- In the case of a Company, a Certificate of Incorporation is required;
- In the case of a Partnership Firm, Partnership Deed is required;
- GST Registration of the establishment;
- MoA & AoA of the Company;
- Address proof of the establishment, any one of the following can be submitted as address proof:
- Latest utility bills such as electricity bill, telephone bill, gas bill, etc.;
- Rental Agreement of the land where the establishment is situated;
- Property tax receipts of the land on which the establishment is situated.
- List of all the employees who are working;
- PAN Card of the establishment;
- List of all the Directors & Shareholders of the Company;
- A cancelled cheque from the Company’s bank account;
- A register containing the employees’ attendance.
Procedure for Online ESI Registration
Following is the step-by-step procedure for ESI Registration in India:
Step 1: First, you need to provide all the vital documents to our experts.
Step 2: Then, you need to choose the appropriate package and pay online through various online modes available.
Step 3: Once you place the order, your application will be assigned to one of our dedicated professionals.
Step 4: Then our professional will fill up the application for ESI Registration for employers.
Step 5: Upon verification, the ESI Registration application will be submitted.
Step 6: Once ESI is created, the Registration Certificate will be sent to you.
Compliance and Returns after ESI Registration in India
After the ESI Registration under ESIC, the establishment needs to comply with the following:
- Maintaining a complete register of wages for workers;
- Maintaining the attendance register;
- Maintaining a register that records any accidents that happened on the premises;
- Inspection book;
- Monthly return & challan within 15th of the succeeding month.
After the ESI Registration, the employers must file ESI Returns half-yearly. The following are the documents required for filing ESI Returns:
- Form 6 – Register;
- Monthly Returns & Challans;
- Attendance Register of the employees;
- Register of wages
- What is ESI registration?
It is the process of registering a business entity under the Employee State Insurance Act, of 1948, to provide medical and social security benefits to employees.
- Who needs to register for ESI?
Any establishment or business entity having 10 or more employees (20 or more in certain states) must register for ESI.
- Can establishments with fewer employees voluntarily register for ESI?
Yes, establishments with less than the prescribed number of employees can voluntarily register for ESI.
- What benefits do employees receive under ESI?
Employees covered under ESI are entitled to medical benefits, sickness benefits, maternity benefits, disablement benefits, dependent benefits, and funeral expenses.
- How can I apply for ESI registration?
You can apply for the same online through the ESIC (Employee State Insurance Corporation) portal or by visiting the nearest ESIC office.
- What documents are required for the registration?
The documents required for the registration include the registration certificate of the establishment, address proof, PAN card, salary details of employees, and bank account details.
- What is the time limit for the registration of ESI after the establishment becomes eligible?
This registration must be done within 15 days from the date the establishment becomes eligible for registration.
- Is it mandatory for employees to contribute to ESI?
Yes, both the employer and employees are required to contribute to ESI. The contribution rates are shared between them.
- How is the ESI contribution calculated?
The contribution towards ESI is calculated as a percentage of the employee’s wages, where the employee’s contribution is deducted from their wages and the employer contributes the remaining portion.
- What is the due date for the ESI contribution payment?
ESI contributions must be paid by the 15th of every month for the previous month’s wages.
- Can the ESI registration be canceled?
Yes, if an establishment ceases to exist or no longer falls within the purview of ESI, the registration can be canceled.
- Can a registered establishment change its address?
Yes, a registered establishment can request a change in address by submitting the required documents to the appropriate ESIC office.
- What are the consequences of non-compliance with ESI regulations?
Non-compliance with ESI regulations may lead to penalties, fines, or legal actions imposed by the authorities.
- Is ESI registration applicable to all states in India?
Yes, ESI registration is applicable to all states and union territories of India.
- Can an establishment with branches in multiple locations have a single ESI registration?
Yes, an establishment with branches in multiple locations can have a single ESI registration if the branches are covered under the same registration.
- Is it mandatory to renew the ESI registration?
No, this registration does not require renewal. Once registered, it is valid until the establishment is eligible and compliant with ESI regulations.