FSSAI Registration Renewal
Apply FSSAI Registration Renewal Online. FSSAI controls and regulates the Food-related businesses as per the guidelines and regulations under the FSSAI Act 2006. If any individual owns and runs a food-related business needs to certify under the Act to obtain FSSAI license. It is important to renew the FSSAI license on time or else it will expire. Then you have to obtain a fresh FSSAI license as it is mandatory for the food business operator to have that always.
FSSAI governs the Food-related businesses as per the guidelines and regulations specified in the FSSAI Act 2006. If you own a food-related business or activities related to food business need to obtain FSSAI license. Likewise, FSSAI Registration renewal is equivalently important and mandatory. An FSSAI License is needed to renew regularly within its validity time period. Any entrepreneur or food business operator, who desire to form a business in the food sector, whether a food processing or food manufacturing or food packaging or food products distribution, has to file for FSSAI license with its renewal in every 1 to 5 years.
Who requires a FSSAI Registration Renewal?
There are many Food Business Operators who need FSSAI Renewal License. Some of them are Hotels, Manufacturing, Procurement, Distribution, Processing, Packaging, Storage, Wholesaler, Restaurants, Food Chains, Food sellers and resellers, Processing food business like pickle and dry fruit maker, Dairy and dairy processing, Raw material suppliers used for food businesses, Food importers and exporters, Transporters who shift food items from one place to another, Retailers & establishments who have a retail food outlet, Canteens in corporations, hospitals, schools, colleges, or government institutions and so on.
Types of Renewal Of Food License
Basically, there are 3 types of renewal Food license, they are as follows Basic FSSAI Registration Renewal:
- It is applicable for all types of FBO under basic FSSAI registration with annual turnover less than ₹12 Lakh.
- State FSSAI Registration Renewal: This type of License renewal is applicable for all FBO whose annual turnover is between ₹12 Lakh – ₹20 Crore. The fee required for this license renewal process depends upon the type of food business and the validity of the Food license.
- Central FSSAI Registration Renewal: It is available for the food business operator whose turnover of exceeding more than Rs. 20 crore. Additionally, Central FSSAI Registration Renewal must be renewed before the expiry of their validity time period.
Benefits of FSSAI License
- The concept of Food License is created to improve the standard and hygiene of the food products and also to assist them in achieving the benchmark of international organizations.
- It provides the laws to the FBOs and the department regulates by a single access point.
- It will give the customers some kind of confidence and trust assuring that the particular brand or business is registered with FSSAI, and it will make the general public more comfortable and create trust on the food product which holds with FSSAI license number and logo.
- The most important advantage of obtaining the FSSAI renewal has the legal reward as the proceeding in the license is done by doing various inspections and examinations. Then only the authority will approve the food license.
Documents needed for Food License Renewal
For Basic Registration:
- Submission of Form A, duly signed by FBOs, along with supporting documents.
- Identity proof such as Pan Card, Driving License, Voter ID card, Passport, Aadhaar card, or senior citizen card.
- Two passport size photos of the applicant.
- NOCs from Municipality or Panchayat, Health Department, etc., if applicable.
- Rent Agreement, if applicable.
For State or Central FSSAI License:
- Completed and signed Form B.
- Photo proof and address proof of Proprietor/Partner/Director(s)/Authorized Signatory.
- Layout plan of the food processing plant.
- List of Directors with their full address and contact details.
- ID and address proof of the above persons.
- List of food categories (for manufacturers).
- Authority letter nominated by the manufacturer to act on behalf.
- NOC from the municipality or any other local body.
- Name and number of equipment as per installed capacity and horsepower for manufacturing and processing units.
- Partnership deed/affidavit of proprietorship, and, in the case of a company, a copy of MOA and AOA.
- Specify the source of raw materials for meat and meat processing units and the source of milk and milk-related products, along with the milk collection center where applicable.
- For the hotel industry, a certificate provided by the Ministry of Tourism.
- Pesticide residue report of water for the packaging of products like minerals, carbonated beverages, etc.
- Certificate from the Ministry of Commerce for 100% EOU (in the case of central license).
- IEC Registration documents issued by DGFT (in the case of Central License).
- Supporting documents as proof of turnover (in the case of Central License).
- Analysis report of water to be used in food (in the case of Central License).
- Possession proof (Electricity bill, sales deed, etc.) in the case of Central License.
- A cancelled cheque.
Procedure for Renewing FSSAI License
- Step1: The first and foremost step of FSSAI Registration Renewal is to complete the Form A (Basic FSSAI Registration form) or Form B (Central or State FSSAI registration form) along with the previous license with the self-attested needed documents as per the rules and guidelines of Food Safety and Standards Act, Regulations/Laws.
- Step 2: Next, the filled FSSAI Registration Renewal application is submitted to the concerned authority who will inspect the submitted application.
- Step 3: The concerned authority will send it to the responsible officers to lead the verification of the FBOs.
- Step 4: Authorized FSSAI officers conduct a full investigation and inspection of the Place of Food Business and inspect the guidelines and the standards of your food business and draft its report.
- Step 5: FSSAI/Food license is expected to be granted within 60 days by the concerned authority.
Consequences if FSSAI Renewal is not done within the specified time
Food Business Operator is charged with a fine amount or penalty of Rs100 /day if the FSSAI renewal application is not filed within the specified time. An FSSAI license of the FBO is considered expired if it is not renewed within the time period. Therefore it is mandatory for the food business operator to get a fresh license. To avoid these unnecessary penalties and unnecessary hustles it is better and advisable to renew the FSSAI license on time. Every FBO must apply for the FSSAI Registration Renewal within 30 days prior from the date of expiry of the previous FSSAI registration or license.